- Rent Manager
To add tenant charges in bulk:
- Navigate to Rentals > Rent roll.
- Click Enter bulk charges.
- Choose a property, select an account type, and enter the due date.
- Choose a frequency and common expense allocation. You can choose a custom allocation that you’ve created, or you can choose to allocate by size or to allocate evenly.
- You can also opt to use no allocation, and enter the information in for each unit manually. If you choose an allocation, enter the total charge, and Buildium will apply the total amount across each of the units.
- If you decide to opt-out of using an allocation, enter the amount of the charge for each unit in the amount column. You can enter a memo in the memo column, and have the option to apply the memo to all charges.
- When you’ve completed the form, click Apply Charges.
Go to Accounting > Charge Types > Add (bottom right corner)
- The name should be very short (probably HA)
- The description can be longer, as it will show on the Tenant’s ledger/invoices
- As the Property Manager, you will need to provide Latchel which GL Acct. you want to use for your financial reports
To add a Single Charge:
- Go to Rental Info > Tenants > Transactions tab
- Select Add, pick your Charge Type, enter the date, and the amount
To add a Recurring Charge:
- Go to Rental Info > Tenants > Recurring Charges tab
- Select Add, Pick your Charge Type, enter the amount, and From date
Please note: Recurring Charges can also be added to the Property or Unit levels as needed. Recurring Charges are posted along with Rent Charges
Via the Rent Manager University training portal, you can view videos that will help as well. These videos may also point out Recurring Charges, Tenant Charge Setup, and Charge Types.
- Go to the Leases Module
- From the New View: Go to Leases
- From the Classic View: Click Leases Module
- Select the Lease Name.
- Click the Summary page view.
- Click Edit.
- Navigate to the Auto Charges section.
- Click New Auto Charge.
- Beside Account, click the drop-down and select the account. (click Add Account to create a new one )
- Beside Amount, enter the figure of the recurring adjustment as a negative amount.
- Click Save.
- Click Save again on the main page.
Please Note: If an error “Invalid charge amount” appears, make sure that the GL Account is set as a discount account.
To edit Account to set as Discount Account:
- Go to Settings
- From the New View: Go to Settings (Gear icon)
- From the Classic View: Click Setup
- Click the Expand Button [+] beside Customize.
- Click Chart of Accounts
- Click Edit under the Action column of the GL Account
- Click the drop-down box and choose Yes for the Discount Account
- Click Save
When Property Managers have multiple units with similar charges each month, such as utility charges, they can create tenant charges in bulk by uploading a pre-formatted spreadsheet with charge details into their AppFolio Property Manager database. They can simply download the template to their computer and fill out charge amounts per unit, or they can send the spreadsheet to their utility company to fill out with charge amounts on their behalf.
Once the spreadsheet is completed it can be uploaded directly to AppFolio. All of the charges entered on the spreadsheet will be automatically created as Tenant Charges in the AppFolio database, saving the Property Manager time spent on manually entering multiple Tenant Charges.