Home Assistant Billing Overview:
- As the Property Manager, you will need to create a new GL Code for Home Assistant. As a best practice, you will want this GL code to be tied to your company’s operating account.
- Your resident will pay you for the Home Assistant fee each month.
- Latchel then bills the Line Item Charge which is the dollar amount collected by your company from the Home Assistant resident fee. This charge will take place on the 14th of each month.
- The opt-out fee and vacant unit fees are all waived as part of the program as long as your new leases and renewals sign up for Home Assistant at lease signing.
- You will earn new income each month (i.e. For example, if you are on the 24/7 Emergency Home Assistant plan and have 509 units, your income would be $2,036/month after 10-12 months at full opt-in). This is processed 3-5 business days after the Line Item Charge has processed successfully. In order for us to send your profit, you will have to set up a bank account via your Latchel portal- see this step by step on how to set this up.
In the screenshot below, you will find the monthly invoice communication that your team gets the first week of each month.
- Sum of line_item_charge is the dollar amount collected by your company from the Home Assistant resident fee.
- PM Charges shown in the example screenshot below is the normal opt-out fee and vacant unit fees, but those fees are all waived as part of the program as long as your new leases and renewals sign up for Home Assistant at lease signing.
- PM Income is your income each month. This is sent 3-5 business days after the Line Item Charge has processed successfully.
- Resident count and Address count are tallies of all the residents and units on file as part of the program. It includes both opt-in and opt-out addresses.
Detailed Line Item Report
Attached to this monthly email, you will find a detailed line item report. When you open the excel file, you’ll see ALL the properties and can see which ones are opted in and which ones are opted out. Each month our customers remove the Home Assistant charge for opt-outs.
See the screenshot of the sample excel spreadsheet below:
If you have any remaining questions, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager by emailing email@example.com.