- Step-by-Step Guide
Step 1. Log in to Latchel.
Step 2. On the Maintenance screen, click +Submit Work Order.
Step 3. Fill out the requested information including:
- Job Title and Job Description.
- If you believe this is a potential emergency, toggle “Is this an emergency job?” to Yes.
- If you wish to prevent your residents from canceling the job, change “Is this a mandatory job?” to Yes.
- Enter the Skill and Sub-Category required for the job. Click here to to learn more about Skill Categories.
- Enter a budget limit for the job. This is what the vendor will see. Latchel will still respect your Hard Budget limits.
- Click Next.
Step 4. Search for the property in the Select a Property field, then click on it. If the property is not in Latchel, choose Create New Property and enter the appropriate details.
Step 5. Indicate if the property is vacant, if the vendor has permission to enter, and any access instructions. Click Next.
Step 6. Use the Select a Resident Contact drop-down to choose the resident you wish to use as a contact for the work order. You can also click Create New Resident to add them. Click Next.
Step 7. Enter any instructions you wish to give to the vendor about the job, then click Next.
Step 8. If you have any files to add, such as pictures, click Select File(s). Next, click Submit Work Order.