Here’s What’s New in Latchel.
With today’s update, we’ve released a feature to enhance the vendor assignment process and updated the maintenance view in your Latchel portal to display Property Manager tasks that need your attention to move Work Orders forward.
[Now Live ✅] We have added specific skills to vendors. As a Property Manager, you can add and remove skills on your preferred vendors at the configuration level, prioritize which vendors should be used for each Skill Category and remove a vendor from a Skill Category. For example, for a landscaper, we are now able to show what types of landscaping services that company does, like mow the lawn, trim bushes, trim trees, install and fix sprinklers. Having this level of granularity to explain what a vendor actually does will help Latchel with assigning the right vendor to the right job.
- When editing your preferred vendors, you can add a Skill Category to the vendor’s Latchel profile which by default selects all skills within that Skill Category. For example, if you select plumbing, it will by default select all skills within plumbing like drain unclog and mainline jetting. You will have the option to remove skills under a Skill Category to manage the type of jobs you want your preferred vendor to perform.
- You will still have the option to prioritize your preferred vendors by Skill Category (i.e. plumber, electrician) on the preferred vendors priorities screen in your Latchel portal.
- Handymen are being given specific skills across multiple Skill Categories. They will now be added to the TOP of the prioritization list for each Skill Category
- General Contractors will also be given specific skills across multiple skill categories. They will now be added to the BOTTOM of the prioritization list for each Skill Category.
[Now Live ✅] (PREMIUM PLAN) As a Property Manager, you will now have a Tasks Queue on the far right-hand side of your Latchel portal. This new queue will show all tasks that require attention from the Property Manager. Please note this new feature only includes Premium Work Orders.
- Tasks you will see in this queue include resident contact information is missing or out of date, preferred vendor is unresponsive, Work Order requires owner approval, budget increase requested due to unforeseen repairs, etc.
[Now Live ✅] We corrected an issue where some vendors responding to emergencies would not be directed to the correct emergency hotline for immediate follow-up.
[Coming Soon ➡️] Be on the lookout for our step-by-step Customer Guides which will walk you through each one of these new features. In the meantime, feel free to log into your Latchel portal to see how these features work!
Check out our Knowledge Base.