Sr. Product Manager (APIs & Integrations)
Do You Want to Grow a Small Team and Have a Big Impact?
Latchel is a Y Combinator-backed, high growth, and well-funded startup seeking a Senior Product Manager for our rapidly growing team. We are a fully-remote company and invest heavily in creating a strong culture to keep us connected.
We have 4 engineers and currently the founders run product. We need a Senior Product Manager to take over product management. You will work with our engineering team and external partners to integrate Latchel with software platforms like Propertyware, Rent Manager, Buildium, RealPage, Yardi, MRI, TaskRabbit, Homee, and more.
Our Product Challenges
We are a tech-enabled operations company. This means our technology is designed to solve real-world operations challenges and simplify the oftentimes ugly interface between technology and the real world.
Our clients are property managers and we act as their 24/7 maintenance department. This means our software has a diverse range of users: the property managers, their tenants, their (and our own) contractors, their clients (the property owners), as well as our in-house operations team and on-demand maintenance troubleshooters.
If you enjoy creating simplicity where others see complexity, this is a great opportunity for you.
Early Problems to Solve
- We need to improve our Partner API to cover more use cases. In particular, user and vendor management is lacking in our API. You will need to design how API users will accomplish their goals using our API.
- Latchel’s existing platform needs some enhancements in how data is structured. For example, we do not distinguish between maintenance requests (unapproved work or work that is not yet ready to execute on) and work orders (work that is ready to be performed today). You will work with the engineering team to structure the data so you can meet the real-world use cases the data is meant to enable.
- We integrate with many third party software platforms. While each integration has unique nuances, there are many commonalities between all of them. You will drive our strategy for managing integrations with third party property management and labor management (e.g. TaskRabbit) platforms.
- Be a founding member of our product team within a high growth startup. You will improve our product practices and help grow our product team.
- Work closely with the engineering and founder team to help meet company goals.
- Identify where there are needs to improve our process, design, or anything in the company and help make it better.
Compensation and Qualifications
We are hiring experienced product managers who are capable of working independently and as part of a team. Unfortunately as such a small company we cannot support junior level product managers at this time. We expect you to have familiarity and well-developed technical expertise in product management tools and best practices and the professional maturity required to work remotely. This generally means 5+ years of experience but this is a guideline not a rule.
We are a heavy operations focused B2B company. Our product impacts the real world and your must design for the often messy interface between digital bits and real world operations. This is best if you have experience working on B2B platforms, especially with real-world operations components. Think about product for Uber, not Dropbox.
We use opencomp.com to set salary and equity. For hires outside of the US, we use letsdeel.com to pay (and also base salaries off of opencomp.com and a generous cost of living adjustment)
For our US hires, we also have great nationwide medical, dental, and vision plans and a 401k (with matching!). International hires can purchase medical and other benefits through Deel.
Interview Process & How to Apply
Here’s what to expect from the interview process.
- Apply by sending your resume and a brief introduction to email@example.com with [Tech Product] in the subject line.
- You will receive a link to schedule a brief phone call with one of the founders. We’ll explain more about the company and answer any questions you have.
- We are a fully remote company. All interviews will be conducted on Google Meet.