Director of Business Development
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A RAPIDLY GROWING TEAM AND HAVE A BIG IMPACT?
Latchel is a home repair and maintenance platform designed to help property managers handle their maintenance operations easily and at little to no cost. We service over 80,000 homes across over 400 customers in all 50 states of the US. We’re growing rapidly and need a sales leader to continue our rapid growth trajectory.
Our Value Proposition
- Property managers operate on razor-thin margins. They spend more time coordinating maintenance than any other activity and it’s a thankless job. In fact, a poor maintenance experience is the #1 complaint from renters.
- Latchel offers a world-class maintenance operating platform that enables property managers to earn an average of 4.8/5 star reviews on their maintenance operation. Latchel’s business model is also designed so that most property managers can earn money by deploying Latchel.
- We’re growing extremely rapidly, so we need people who like to build the plane while it’s flying. This covers nearly everything in the sales organization: training, playbooks, metrics, measurement, and more.
- Our customers are highly fragmented, so we need to develop different pitches and playbooks depending on the persona.
- Our team is 100% fully remote, so we either need to build sales processes that work remotely at scale, or rapidly build a co-located sales team.
- Our sales are primarily outbound, so outreach and prospecting must be a core component of the sales mix.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced with technology and SaaS sales in a high growth startup. Ideally you have been through the Seed > Series A > Series B/C journey before.
- Experienced and enjoys high velocity, outbound sales. We haven’t cracked the code on inbound, yet. So you need to enjoy outbound.
- Prefers SMB sales, not enterprise. If you’ve sold to restaurants, local gyms, franchisees, doctors offices, then you check this box. If you prefer Fortune 500 companies, then this might not be the right fit for you.
- Has held leadership roles for long enough that it’s clear you were the author of success, not just around success. We want to see evidence that you were the reason a team succeeded.
- High growth organizations. We have a strong hypothesis that growing our sales depends on massively growing our business development team. We want to see evidence you can grow teams 3x+ in a year without breaking a sweat.
- You are strongly aligned with Latchel’s Leadership Principles: https://latchel.com/latchels-leadership-principles/
We have a unique compensation structure. We let employees pick their preferred mix of salary and equity. This ranges depending on your experience and selection. Director of Business Development roles typically have $167k – $224k/year in salary ($204k – $263k OTE) + equity (0.1 – 0.3%).
We also have great medical, dental, and vision plans nationwide, plus 401k matching (4%) and other benefits, including up to 4 weeks of annual PTO, and a monthly budget for home office supplies.
INTERVIEW PROCESS & HOW TO APPLY
- Email your resume to email@example.com. Make sure the email subject includes [Director Biz Dev] (with the square brackets).
- After your application is received, you may receive an email inviting you to a brief meeting with our CEO.
- Then we will schedule panel interviews (typically three interviews, 60 minutes each). Then we will make our decision.