- Work Orders/Service Issues
- Categories, Priorities, and Statuses
- Notes are not updated in the Rent Manager as a work order progresses through Latchel. Once a Service Issue is created in the Rent Manager, the only things that continue to synchronize would be the Complete or Canceled status.
- A problem occurs when a work order already exists in one system and then is manually created in the other system. If a work order is created in one system, the integration will automatically create it in the other system, so there’s no need to create it manually, and doing so will create two duplicates when the integration is run: one in Latchel and one in Rent Manager.
- Files attached to Service Issues in Rent Manager do not transfer to Latchel and vice versa.
- Owner data and preferred vendors do not transfer via the integration. This data will have to be emailed to email@example.com.
- DO NOT create properties or residents in Latchel. We look at Rent Manager for this data.
- Service Issues in Rent Manager can have several properties and units. If this happens, Latchel only takes the first one. We recommend only having a single property or unit on a Service Issue.
- Resident & property/unit data will sync from Rent Manager to Latchel when the integration is initially activated. After the initial activation, only NEW residents, properties, and units in Rent Manager will be synced to Latchel. You will need to deactivate residents, properties, and units in Latchel.
Work Orders/Service Issues
The Rent Manager equivalent to Latchel’s work orders is called Service Manager Issues. You can find them in the Services tab.
- For a Service Issues to be synced from Rent Manager to Latchel, it has to have the [Latchel] Maintenance Category AND a property or unit assigned to it.
- The sync occurs every hour.
- Any update to a Service Issue in Rent Manager won’t be reflected in Latchel.
Tenants in Rent Manager work the same way Residents work in Latchel. You can find them in the Home tab under Tenants.
Please note: If you disable a Resident in Latchel and the Resident is still active in Rent Manager, the Resident profile will remain disabled in Latchel and the Resident status in Rent Manager will remain unaffected.
We create a Property in Latchel for every Unit on a property on Rent Manager. If a Property on Rent Manager has no units, we create a Property in Latchel for that Rent Manager property. Both Units and Properties can be found on the Home tab.
Categories, Priorities, and Statuses
Special Categories, Priorities, and Statuses are created on Rent Manager when activating the integration to Latchel. This can be found on the Admin tab, Setup menu, Service Manager submenu.
Please note: We use these special “labels” to keep track of everything in both systems, please don’t edit them or delete these in Rent Manager. Doing that will break the sync and will require a need for manual reconfiguration.