DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A RAPIDLY GROWING TEAM AND HAVE A BIG IMPACT?
Latchel is a home repair and maintenance platform designed to help property managers handle their maintenance operations easily and at little to no cost. We service over 80,000 homes across over 400 customers in all 50 states of the US. We’re growing rapidly and need a Sr. Sales Trainer to continue our rapid growth trajectory.
Our Value Proposition
- Property managers operate on razor-thin margins. They spend more time coordinating maintenance than any other activity and it’s a thankless job. In fact, a poor maintenance experience is the #1 complaint from renters.
- Latchel offers a world-class maintenance operating platform that enables property managers to earn an average of 4.8/5 star reviews on their maintenance operation. Latchel’s business model is also designed so that most property managers can earn money by deploying Latchel.
- We’re growing extremely rapidly and want to be able to keep up this pace. To this end, we need to train a strong pipeline of business development talent.
- Our team is 100% fully remote. Training, coaching and developing early career professionals in a fully virtual environment can have its own challenges.
- We have developed solid, repeatable sales and prospecting processes and playbooks. We have not yet developed proven training materials to supplement these processes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Enjoys the challenge and pace of high volume training.
- Is both an experienced trainer and content developer in remote environments.
- Enjoys being in charge: you will be the most senior trainer on the team–you will dictate the process to follow and be the champion for change.
- Rapid learner and highly adaptable: property management tech works differently than other tech industries (even different from other proptech industries), so you’re willing to discard old habits that don’t serve you well and invent new ones.
- Cares not only about creating a positive training experience but is also takes active steps to measure the efficacy of their training.
- You are strongly aligned with Latchel’s Leadership Principles: https://latchel.com/latchels-leadership-principles/
- Develop, adapt, and refine training materials to teach new hires the skills of prospecting and qualifying new potential sales (i.e. business development).
- Train a new hiring class of 2-10 hires every 2-4 weeks.
- Develop feedback loops to identify opportunities to improve training based both on new hire feedback and new hire performance in the job.
- Create feedback loops with process owners so you can develop new training as processes change AND influence change in processes that are confusing, unclear, or frustrating for new hires.
We have a unique compensation structure. We let employees pick their preferred mix of salary and equity. This ranges depending on your experience and selection. Sr. Sales Trainer roles typically have $92k – $135k/year in salary + equity (0.01% – 0.05%).
We also have great medical, dental, and vision plans nationwide, plus 401k matching (4%) and other benefits, including up to 4 weeks of annual PTO, a monthly budget for home office supplies, and performance based bonuses.
INTERVIEW PROCESS & HOW TO APPLY
- Email your resume to email@example.com. Make sure the email subject includes [Sales Trainer] (with the square brackets). Feel free to include any supplemental materials you believe may help illustrate your qualifications (not required).
- In your application, answer the following question (limit 500 words): Describe a time when you were training to a process that was unclear or outdated. What did you do about that situation?
- A member of the Latchel team will reach out to schedule a brief informational call.
- After that call, we will schedule a panel interview (typically three interviews, 45 minutes each). We will then give you our decision within a few business days.