Sr. Software Engineer
Do You want to join a small Team and Have a Big Impact?
Latchel is a Y Combinator-backed, high growth, and well-funded startup seeking a full stack developer for our rapidly growing engineering team. We are a fully-remote company and invest heavily in creating a strong culture to keep us connected.
We have 5 full stack developers and we are looking to hire #6,7,8 & 9! We’re a very small team right now: learn more about who you’ll be joining by visiting our 1000Hires page. We’re hiring for full stack, front end, and back-end roles.
Our Technical Challenges
We are a tech-enabled operations company. This means our technology is designed to solve real-world operations challenges and simplify the oftentimes ugly interface between technology and the real world.
Our clients are property managers and we act as their 24/7 maintenance department. This means our software has a diverse range of users: the property managers, their tenants, their (and our own) contractors, their clients (the property owners), as well as our in-house operations team and on-demand maintenance troubleshooters.
If you enjoy creating simplicity where others see complexity, this is a great opportunity for you.
Our tech stack
- Our application is built in: AngularJS (1.x), PHP (Laravel framework), PostgreSQL
- We are actively migrating to React.js and are looking for strong React developers to offer some practical leadership in this area.
- We heavily utilize: Stripe, Twilio, Sendgrid, AWS
- Other tools we use: Slack, Fullstory, Raygun, Cronitor, Zapier
- Be an early member of an engineering department within a high growth startup.
- Identify where there are needs to improve our process, design, architecture, or anything in the company and help make it better.
- Use your skills as an engineer to help Latchel reach its goals.
Compensations and qualifications
We are hiring experienced engineers who are capable of working independently and as part of a team. Unfortunately as such a small company we cannot support junior level developers at this time. We expect you to have familiarity and well-developed technical expertise in most of our tech stack and the professional maturity required to work remotely. This generally means 3+ years of experience but this is a guideline not a rule.
We have a unique compensation structure. We let employees pick their preferred mix of salary and equity. This ranges from $100,100 – $151,200+/year depending on your experience and selection. In addition each software engineer is granted equity via options (ranging from 0.07% – 0.3%).
We also have great medical, dental, vision plans nationwide plus 401k matching (4%) and other benefits.
How to apply
We won’t ask you to build a project or do work for free. We also promise not to ask you brain teasers or pop quiz questions. Instead we ask you to review some dummy code. Write up your responses as if you were doing a peer review. Go here for the instructions and to apply.